Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas, God, and Subtle Communication

Christmas is here. A time to spread good cheer. A time to be with close friends and family.

Christmas to me is a time to remember and celebrate the birth and the teachings of Jesus Christ. A great man who came to teach us compassion.( Now he was a great communicator.) He always knew what to say and when to say it and what to do and when to do it. His teachings are so strong, even 2 thousand years later we are still trying to learn from them.
The True meaning of Christmas is supposed to be this form of celebration.

Santa Claus is a symbol created to remember the spirit of St. Nick. A man who must have had a great relationship with Jesus Christ. He spread joy and good will everywhere he went. At Christmas we use Santa Claus to help our children understand some Christmas Spirit. We let them believe until they are old enough to figure out something isn't right. Then we tell them he don't exist. Well let me say,"I still and always will believe in Santa Clause." When a child tells me Santa isn't real I tell them he is and one day you can be him. I explain that there is no fat man with a red suit living at the north pole. That would be misleading. But the truth is Santa Claus lives inside each and every one of us. That's how he sees everything. We all have a desire to help put a smile on someones face, or to make a dream come true for someone. In order to be a true Santa you must never want recognition for your good deed.

 Gift giving is a symbolic way to show compassion. Its one of the reasons it became a Christmas tradition.  The Merchants of the world saw a chance to make money on this. They use subtle communication skills to get us to by a product they supply. The adds you see are more than telling you about the product. It tells you, you need it. They lead you to believe you can't live without it. In subtle ways you aren't even aware of.

God speaks to us every day in subtle ways. Most of us are totally unaware. Everything that we do has a direct relation to God's will. Many people pray to God to have a communication with him. I also pray to God. I think I look at prayer different than most. Prayer to me is about keeping the lines of communication open. I know God Knows my every thought, wish and desire. I don't pray to tell him things he already knows. I pray so to keep me aware of his communication back to me. So that I can pick up on the subtle things that have meanings I may otherwise not be aware of. I think its very important to search for the messages in our daily life so we will be able to pick up on the subtle cues we may be missing. The more we are aware, the more we will pick up on. We miss things all the time. Some of our mistakes are because of that. The others are because he needed us to learn something from it. Don't ever feel like your being picked on by God. Or that he's not with you when you need him. He is always with you. You just have be aware of the many ways he communicates with us.


Subtle Communication is huge in Horsemanship. Many people aren't even aware of what they are saying to their horse. A slight lean in one direction means so much. Facial expressions are things that matter also. We make some faces when we do things that we don't even know we are making. Our posture tells them so much also. It can say whether we are confidant or insecure. It can also say whether we are in a good mood or a bad mood. The horse will pick up on it whatever it is saying.

A Horse lives its life reading subtle cues from the rest of the herd. They are so aware of what is going on around them even the slightest movement will get picked up. They communicate through body language. Its a language few people understand. It goes deep into your psyche. Its the reason some of us are afraid of things like snakes, mice and  bugs. When you feel intent is unpredictable, you become scared. Sometimes that is why our horses are scared and nervous about things as well.

As I get deeper into these writings I will do my best to bring this all together so you will have a better understanding. It may take some going back and forth to make connections. I will admit I am still learning. I also admit that I will never stop. I am totally aware that I will never know it all, no matter how long I pursue it. I just want to share my learning with anyone who shares the same interest.
Thank you for reading.

1 comment:

  1. This is the best explanation I have ever encountered that clearly explains Christmas, Santa Clause and gift giving. It is a wonderful and enlightening perspective. I was both humbled and felt a deep sense of appreciation as I read it.

    Tying in communication was excellent. I was reminded to be a better listener and observer. Thank you.

    tmf

    ReplyDelete