Sunday, May 18, 2014

Simply Perfect

Anyone who has come to any of our Clinics or Demonstrations has heard me say, "I don't believe in right and wrong" Some people may understand what I mean by that and others may not. I thought it would be wise to write about my take on this topic.

Simply Perfect was chosen for the title because this is how I try to see life. Without trying to preach to much Religion, I would like to think I am a pretty spiritual person. The Bible tells us the original sin was that Adam and Eve ate the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and bad. This is put into many different explanations from sex to betrayal. I personally believe it means just what it says. If we put a title on what is good and what is bad, that is how we will perceive it. The problem is you will never get everyone to agree that this is good and that is bad. So in that sense, no one will ever measure up.

My personal studies have shown me that good and bad - right and wrong have to co-exist. You can't have one without the other. I have also noticed that in whatever topic you look at, It can be good for some and bad for others. These are the challenges we all face with laws and rules. Within every right there is a wrong and within everything good there is some bad. We just can't escape these facts.

We often hear people say, "No one is perfect" I decipher this as, no one is perfect in anyone else's opinion. But to me we are all perfect. God made each and every one of us "PERFECTLY" It says so in the bible. We are made to his likeness. My faith tells me God don't make mistakes. That he has a plan for us. My belief says that we are here to do Gods work and that we all have a purpose. So to me we are all perfect in Gods eyes and everything is as it is meant to be, Therefore "Perfect"

The saying, "You have to take the good with the bad" is so true. It will never be all one sided. There may be times you can't see the opposite but I assure you, it is there. This phrase helps teach us about acceptance. If we can learn to accept things for what they are and not make excuses for it, that will lead us to a better understanding. As long as we are not just accepting in a way of "WHATEVER"  Then we don't give it proper acknowledgement and we learn nothing.

Through acceptance comes appreciation.  You just can't get to appreciating something without first accepting it. In order to appreciate we need to acknowledge, recognize the value, have realization of, knowledge of, awareness of, understanding of and comprehension of the topic or issue. Without accepting it first you will not make an effort to attain the rest. Therefore never learning to know what a great feeling Appreciation truly  is.

You might be asking why I covered this topic in a Horsemanship Communication Blog? Well, Our relationship and understanding of things allows us to be better communicators. The deeper more meaningful reason is that if you truly understand acceptance and appreciation, then and only then will you be open to hearing and feeling the more important things that are communicated to you every day. Things we miss because we are not in tuned to it.  When we work with our horses they tell us things in very subtle ways sometimes and we need to hear it and feel it. God speaks to us in this way every day as well. We tend to not hear it because we don't understand how to receive this type of communication. I don't think it is just coincidence that in the final book of the bible it speaks of the Horseman. A true Horseman has learned to listen to the horse in such a way that he/she makes a great connection with them. These listening methods will also help you hear and feel Gods communications with you as well. Its the Horseman that will bring this out to the rest of the world. For me it all boils down to accepting and appreciating that God made the world Simply Perfect. A difficult concept to grasp sometimes but if you can accept it, then you will start to appreciate life in every way.

I hope you all enjoyed this and that I didn't offend anyone. I know religious topics can be touchy sometimes. I just felt the need to write about this. I truly believe everything is perfect. It has to be or it couldn't be at all. Its Gods will. The plan is larger than we can comprehend.
Thanks for reading along.

1 comment:

  1. Very insightful, Ron. I don't consider myself religious, but there's lots
    of good stuff in this post that pertains to living a joyful life regardless of what your
    religious beliefs are. Practicing acceptance, determination and appreciation over
    negativity, indifference, and spiteful criticism just make you feel better about
    life in general.

    ReplyDelete